Responsibilities of the SCSRD at the University
- Organizing seminars on university policies as well as preparing brochures related to research.
- Ensure that research grant supervisors who will assist applicants are trained for internal and external support (and the training process must take place centrally).
- Announcing the submitted research projects for internal grants, receiving them and carrying out the selection process (see Research Grants Policy and Contract Administration).
- Collecting information on local research funding agencies, encouraging applications for external funding from inside and outside the university.
- Using the online research portal in KSA in all incoming and outgoing correspondence and information.
Responsibilities of SCSRD also include monitoring and reviewing research-related policies and procedures, raising awareness of research opportunities, supporting colleagues to publish research findings, managing research seminar series, overseeing research ethics on campus, and championing departmental and university-wide AOU Research Conferences.
Objectives of SCSRD :
- Increasing research both within AOU and across KSA
- Raising awareness about the activities and roles of AOU’s research committees, groups and faculty members.
- Promoting research committees and group membership and activity.
- Promoting and encouraging research publications, presentations and creativity at AOU.
- Encouraging multi-disciplinary research studies and teams.
- Encouraging the formation of research groups within and among disciplines that aim to activate research in various fields of research.
- Developing and fostering research that reflects faculty interests and aspirations.